Yahoo Messenger Notification Configuration

twebster at daksoft.com twebster at daksoft.com
Wed Jan 29 16:18:19 CET 2003

I don't know if you can send Notifications to Yahoo messenger, but if you
can, be very careful since Messenger uses a clear text protocol.

All of your notifications could be potentially at risk, so don't every
include internal hostnames or IP addresses when sending via Messenger.

I would consider this high risk.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Tony

|---------+---------------------------------------->
|         |           "Atul Shrivastava"           |
|         |           <atulsh at hclinsys.com>        |
|         |           Sent by:                     |
|         |           nagios-users-admin at lists.sour|
|         |           ceforge.net                  |
|         |                                        |
|         |                                        |
|         |           01/29/2003 07:41 AM          |
|         |           Please respond to "Atul      |
|         |           Shrivastava"                 |
|         |                                        |
|---------+---------------------------------------->
  |       To:       <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>                                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Nagios-users] Yahoo Messenger Notification Configuration                                                    |

Hello All,

Have  anybody configured the Nagios using the Yahoo Messenger as one of the
Notification Feature. Pls give me some info regarding it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards and have a nice day,
                           Atul Shrivastava
                           Info Structure Services