AW: Send Notifications via SNMP

Verstege, Bernhard Bernhard.Verstege at hik.fzk.de
Wed Jan 29 09:38:12 CET 2003

Hi,
just write an eventhandler which uses
snmptrap utility. Its part of NET-SNMP,
HP-Openiew and part of Perl-module SNMP_util.

If you want to define your own SNMP Traps, you should
register your company at http://www.isi.edu/cgi-bin/iana/enterprise.pl
to get your own enterprise-Id (its free).

I have not done this things, but we want to do similar things and
send out traps to IBM Tivoli. I just read the book "Essential SNMP"
from O'Reilly, where I found these hints.

Gruß
B. Verstege

Bernhard Verstege
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH Abt. HIK
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1         Tel.: 0049 7247-82-5665
D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen      Fax.: 0049 7247-82-4972
email:  verstege at hik.fzk.de