Ongoing Apache/Nagios config problems...

Jarett DeAngelis Jarett_DeAngelis at fujifilm.com
Wed Jan 29 00:07:56 CET 2003

Olivier,

Thanks again for your help.

1) No.  Apache is running under xinetd and doesn't start (if I understand xinetd correctly) until someone makes a request to port 80.  Is that correct?

2) Nope.  Apache refuses to start.

3) At the moment (I suspect because I haven't finished my config files?  Or will it load anyway and at least quit gracefully?) nagios segfaults whenever I try to run it.  This reminds me, I installed the plugins package and I have no idea where it put the plugins.  Any ideas?

I don't suppose anyone has compiled a walkthrough for getting the system up and running, have they?  I'd be willing to wipe the whole thing out and start from scratch if I had to.

Thanks, Jarett

>>> "Olivier F. Beauchemin (Budget-Tech IT Consulting)" <ofb at budget-tech.com> 01/28/03 03:30PM >>>
Jarett,

1. Has Apache started up? What do you get when you do this: ps -def | grep
apache
2. Can you see the the test Apache page?
Go here: http://youserverIP/
3. Can you start Nagios? What do you get when you do this: ps -def | grep
nagios

Olivier