DHCP win

Justin justin at pvamu.edu
Sun Jan 26 04:30:43 CET 2003

Stanley, thanks alot.  The check_dhcp plugin I found and compiled in the
contrib subdirectory.  This is a DHCP server running on a windows host.  I
got the pluging and ran it.

[root at whodevil libexec]# ./check_dhcp -s collins-dhcp.pantherland.arbedu.edu
DHCP ok: Received 3 DHCPOFFER(s), max lease time = 0 sec.

So the plugin works.  I tried using vanilla command.  Here is my
checkcommands.cfg

# 'check_dhcp_collins-dhcp'
define command{
        command_name    check_dhcp_collins-dhcp
        command_line    $USER1$/check_dhcp -s
collins-dhcp.pantherland.arbedu.edu
        }

And here is my services.cfg

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       Collins-DHCP
        service_description             DHCP
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  dhcp-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_dhcp_collins-dhcp
        }

Here is the error message.

Jan 25 22:17:49 whodevil nagios: SERVICE ALERT:
Collins-DHCP;DHCP;UNKNOWN;HARD;3;Error: Could not bind to DHCP socket (port
68)!  Check your privileges...

I am basically using the commands as if from CLI.  It worked from CLI as you
see above, but returns this error.  Can you see anything I am doing wrong?
I searched the archive and found helpfull information, but could not find a
resolution to my particular problem.  Thanks

Justin Wedeking
Info Tech