DHCP win

Sun Jan 26 02:02:28 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 04:43:50PM -0600, Justin wrote:
> Has anyone had any success monitoring DHCP services on Windows?

Do you mean the function of a DHCP server that is providing address
leases to Windows client ?

Or a DHCP server that happens to be running on a Windows host ?

In either case, you can check the service with a plugin that simulates a
client leasing an address.

>  I notices
> NSCLient does not support this feature.  I know there is a check_dhcp
> plugin, but do not know if it will work.  Thanks

The contrib/check_dhcp plugin, contributed by Mr Galstad, works fine
providided your Nag/Netsaint monitor is Linux, because IIRC it uses
headers that are Linux specific.

However, if you search the archives you may find mention of at least two
multi-platform Perl plugins that should work anywhere you can run Perl.

HTH,

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.