Nagios config -- not xml?

Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com
Fri Jan 24 21:44:17 CET 2003

I second your first comment about it being a pain.  But, not knowing too
much about XML, how would that make it
easier?  Is there something about XML that would be particularly useful?
Would you still have to have all the
different .cfg files or would that change with XML?

I understand that XML is "self-describing" data, correct?  How would that
fit into configuring Nagios?

Thanks.

|---------+---------------------------------------->
|         |           Kurt Werle                   |
|         |           <kurt at twoface.shiftmanager.ne|
|         |           t>                           |
|         |           Sent by:                     |
|         |           nagios-users-admin at lists.sour|
|         |           ceforge.net                  |
|         |                                        |
|         |                                        |
|         |           01/24/2003 14:09             |
|         |           Please respond to Kurt Werle |
|         |                                        |
|---------+---------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net                                                                                           |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Nagios-users] Nagios config -- not xml?                                                                                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've recently installed nagios and really like it.  That said, configuring
it is a royal pain.  I'm wondering why the config files are the
traditional unix block style -- it seems like it would be really nice to
have it in xml.  This would make it much easier to write configuration
tools.

Thanks for a great tool,
Kurt
---