Statusmap error

Steve Bonds r1p6os402 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jan 23 22:25:36 CET 2003

On 23 Jan 2003, Jayson Kliger jayson-at-sonictrading.com |Nagios| wrote:

> I noticed that in the nagios.cfg under the "Object Confiuration Files"
> I noticed all of the other cfgs were listed, so I added this to that
> section: cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

This config file goes in the cgi.cfg file (the main CGI configuration) and
does not go in the main nagios config file.  The Nagios core couldn't care
less which icons you want to go with which hosts.  ;-)

Check that this line appears in cgi.cfg:

xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

This is documented at:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xedtemplate.html

"nagios -v" does NOT validate the CGI config and referenced files, so
don't count on it to catch typos or other misconfigurations.

  -- Steve