Statusmap error

Jayson Kliger jayson at sonictrading.com
Thu Jan 23 16:11:08 CET 2003

webserver permissions appear to be set, re-re-read the config files,
tried to see if there was any thing that I missed, I couldnt find
anything..made sure there was no typos in the hostextinfo.cfg, there
wasn'nt..changed the hostextinfo.cfg to bare minimum:
define hostextinfo{
 host_name       krull
 icon_image      redhat.png
 statusmap_image redhat.png
 }
This is the only host that I have in this file, I used just host_name
and it displayed the same layout in status map no icon, and the host
info window that shows up once you roll the pointer over that host
displayed a ?, and no icons in any of the other cgis. Added the
icon_image, hostinfo pop up box showed the redhat icon, as well as the
other cgi's (except for statusmap and staus summary). Added the png for
statusmap, still no change in status map or status summary.... I noticed
that in the nagios.cfg under the "Object Confiuration Files" I noticed
all of the other cfgs were listed, so I added this to that section:
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

and what I got when I tried to access the cgi's, is that most of them
gave me a no permissions error, the status map gave me "you have not
supplied coordinates..." I could view the tactical overview cgi...so I
removed that line and all went back to normal (or at least to where I
was) so there is no icons in statusmap or status summary... there is one
other thing that I did notice in the cgi.cfg there is a line for back
ground...
#statusmap_background_image=smbackgound.gd2
now I assumed that this was for you to specify your own "customized
background" and that Nagios used maybe built in "default"
background...this doesn't need to be specified does it? I really
appreciate everyones help on this...

Jayson