Statusmap error

Dan Rich drich at employees.org
Thu Jan 23 01:05:25 CET 2003

Jayson Kliger said:
> I was just going by the recommendations to use gd2 to save cpu time, but
> I would think that its not necessary, I edited my hostextinfo.cfg file
> to change the statusmap imaged to png..reload/restart still no go..? I
> have confirmed that the
> physical_html_path=/usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos.. and the images
> are there....

I can think of two things to check, since I spent some time trying to
figure out some odd image problems on my system as well.

The most obvious, make sure your web server has permission to read the files.

The less obvious, look for errors in your extended information
configuration.  If you are using templates, make sure you haven't defined
a template with one name and used it with another.  I've found that a
single error in the extended information can cause statusmap (and other
cgis that display images) to behave oddly.  For example, I had the
following in my hostextinfo.cfg file earlier today:
define hostextinfo{
        name                    windowshost
        icon_image              win40.png
        icon_image_alt          Windows host
        vrml_image              win40.jpg
        gd2_image               win40.gd2
        register                0
}
define hostextinfo{
        use                     windows-host
        host_name               papyrus
        icon_image_alt          papyrus
}

The mismatch between the name and use statements caused not only the
windows hosts to not display but for some reason about half of my routers
and switches (the other half displayed fine).  Correcting this one typo
made everything that was displaying as a ? display with the correct
graphics.

Also, if you look at the status summary and click on a host, do you see
the icons there?

--
Dan Rich <drich at employees.org> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/