nrpe for windows

Lennard Bakker bakkerl at lamp.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 22 23:49:49 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 20:56, Dave Viner wrote:
> one thought I had on that issue is to use the new Apache Portable Runtime
> for nrpe.  http://apr.apache.org/  This would allow the same (nrpe) code to
> run on win32 and unix.  We could then slowly port the plugins themselves to
> use this library when someone requests a win32 version of a plugin.  It
> might not be perfect, but at least we could move towards a more
> OS-independent codebase, even if we move very slowly.

Than is the question, why not use java..
No futher replies on this, that would result in a 'which language is
better and os independend' war...

But, if you want to know why not this solution at this moment..
1) i want to have the winnrpe running after this weekend :)
2) i don't know Apache Portable Runtime
3) I don't want to install to much stuff, to get something else running.

Lennard