Statusmap error

Steve Bonds r1p6os402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 22 01:49:27 CET 2003

On 21 Jan 2003, Jayson Kliger jayson-at-sonictrading.com |Nagios| wrote:

> I think my problem is I am unable to view the gd2 icons (captain
> obvious), I have gd-2.0.10 installed, could it be a path issue for gd?
> GD is (or so I thought)configured correctly, any ideas as to how I
> could confirm everything is in its proper place? In advance, Thank you

I made the mistake of building a gd-2.0.10 version of "pngtogd2" against
my gd-1.8.4 install on RedHat 7.3.  That produced gd2 images that Nagios
could not load.  (Try converting the gd2 images back to PNG and verify
that they look OK.  That was how I found this problem.)

My fix was to build "pngtogd2" from the gd-1.8.4 source.  Once I
re-converted my PNG images everything was happy.

This version of gd does not support the PNG alpha channel so I had to
create indexed color images from my original PNGs and use a single color
transparency instead of alpha.

  -- Steve