Contacts Confusion

Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com
Tue Jan 21 20:49:17 CET 2003

I've been dinking with my config files and I've thought myself into a
state of confusion as to how to create contacts and groups.

I have 'jdoe' and 'jim' who are sysadmins.
I have services that are being monitored that some require notification
24x7 and some don't.
On some services, 'jdoe' should be notified 24x7 and 'jim' only
workhours and vice versa
My question is, how does everyone handle this?  Do I create separate
contact entries for 'jdoe' for every timeperiod possible , (ex.
jdoe-24x7, jdoe-work, jdoe-nonwork) and the same for 'jim'? And then
create contactgroups to fit (ex. nt-admins-24x7)?

Stanley G. Martin
Sprint - EIS³ Customer Care
Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com