Checking log files ...

Jan-Hendrik Palic jhp at addix.net
Tue Jan 21 15:44:44 CET 2003

Hi ..

I just want to ask, how your experiences with checking the logfiles are

I played around with check_log and check_log2 from nagiosplugins-1.3/contrib
but I cannot check my logs sensefully ...

We are goingt to drop logwatch from our server and check the logs with
nagios.

I just looked for a intro for using check_log*, but did not find
anything except --help.

Are you using check_log and how? What is the best way?

	Thnx for your hints ... :)

			Jan