schedule queue / pending checks

Nelson, Ben bnelson at rightnow.com
Mon Jan 20 22:14:51 CET 2003

Dan,
I was starting to see something similar to this on my Nagios box as well.
The problem in my case was many processes trying to write to a common FIFO
of sorts, which resides in the main Nagios process.  All of the processes
seemed to be overwriting each other in the FIFO and by default the main
Nagios process only cleans this buffer out every 10 seconds (I'm pretty sure
that was the default).  The configuration directive that controls the
cleaning frequency is the 'service_reaper_frequency'.  I turned this config
option down a bit at a time until my service checks were all completing in
an acceptable time frame.  You might give that a try.

--Ben