check_disk_smb command

rvelez rvelez at sunguruz.com
Mon Jan 20 07:51:27 CET 2003

Hey guys,

            I am trying to get my nagios to check disk space on my NT
server using the check_disk_smb command. In my nagios.cfg file I have

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       nspdc2.sunguruz.com
        service_description             C Free Space
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  SystemAdmins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   ./check_disk_smb
}

And in my misccommands.cfg I have

define command{
        command_name    check_disk_smb
        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk_smb -H
$HOSTADDRESS$
        }

When I run /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg I am getting an error saying
Checking services...
Error: Service check command './check_disk_smb' specified in service 'C
Free Space' for host 'nspdc2.sunguruz.com' not defined anywhere!

Now I know that there are some flags that I need to specify inorder for
nagios to get this info but I am not sure where I need to specify them
or what the syntax would be, could someone help me out and show me how?
Thanks for your help guys

-Radames