Monitoring Codonics Printers

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Jan 17 22:32:59 CET 2003

Hi there,

We have several Codonics 16xx series printers that I would like to monitor
via Nagios. The idea was for me
to use check_snmp to do the monitoring. The issue is that on the service
detail screen, the error message
that I am receiving is:
			SNMP problem - No data received from the host.

The check_command parameter in the services.cfg file for the printer is:

			chceck_command		check_snmp

The Codonics printer employs a hard drive running SunOS 5.x. According to
the manufacturer of the printer,
the SNMP daemon is automatically started upon powering up the printer.

Anyone have suggestions on what I can do to expedite this? Thanks.