NIS check?

Nelson, Ben bnelson at rightnow.com
Fri Jan 17 00:57:13 CET 2003

My apologies if I've offended you.  Mine was merely an observation and I do
appreciate the large amount of coding that has been done to make Nagios and
the Nagios plugins available.  Thank you.

I agree that making code that is meant to be cross-platform is difficult.  I
also agree that spurious 'CRITICAL' alerts can be annoying and really muck
other things up, especially depending on defined dependancies.  With that
said, I would suggest that the default state gets set to 'UNKNOWN' at the
source distribution as well as in my own environment.  If you would like
help (with the plugins project in general), I am willing.

--Ben