new plugin can i send here for peer review?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Jan 16 17:05:44 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 10:52, jgking at packetstorm.org wrote:
> Well if check_snmp allowed me to do something like this i would be set:
>
> ./check_snmp -H localhost -C ***** -o a.a.a.a,b.b.b.b -func "($1/$2) * 100
> > 90"
>
> Where the OID order determines $1,$2 etc
>
> so I could use oids for disk usage where a.a.a.a would be current usage,
> b.b.b.b is total space available

That is exactly the sort of functionality I'd like to have directly in
check_snmp.

That's been on my long-term plan for some time now. So I'm suggesting
that you'd get what you want into the distribution quickest by helping
develop that sort of generalized engine for check_snmp. It will be there
someday, so let's just do it once.

--
Karl