check_snmp now working in checkcommands.cfg

Atul Shrivastava atulsh at hclinsys.com
Thu Jan 16 08:11:02 CET 2003

Hello,

I have checked that my SNMP is working fine. I can use snmpwalk to query my router and get the response. I can also be able to run the check_snmp command from the command line and I am getting the response.

The syntax I am specifyig is as below:

./check_snmp -H 192.168.1.1 -C public system.sysUpTime.0

And this query returns me the UpTime. Also the query system.sysDescr.0 and many other in this category is working. But when I specify this command in the checkcommands.cfg, it doesn't work. Can you tell me how can I write this in checkcommands.cfg to make this work.
Thanks in advance.

Regards and have a nice day,
                           Atul Shrivastava
                           Info Structure Services