Nag event handlers restarting failed programs on NT ?

Thu Jan 16 01:34:51 CET 2003

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is anyone using Nagios (event handlers) to restart failed programs on NT
hosts.

In this case Nagios can detect the failed program (by 'tailing' the
dumped event log on a share - the program will write a heartbet log
record to show that is still alive).

However, how could it restart the program ?

1 sshd on the NT host ?

2 Do there exist public (ie Samba-TNG, Samba-head) RPC code that can
start programs on NT boxes ?

3 Any other suggestions ?

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft