writing own interface, status.log question

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Jan 15 17:18:52 CET 2003

You might want to take a look at the FAQ.  It lists what every field in
the status.log stands for.  There's probably more you care about than
just the first 4 things, like what retry its on, Soft or Hard state, is
it acknowledged, in a downtime, etc.

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=66

Russell Scibetti

jgking at packetstorm.org wrote:

>Now that I have nagios setup like I want (man is this tool flexible), I am
>wanting to present the data differently than the Nagios Console. Basically
>I have a postnuke php portal that i made custom blocks to parse NMIS data
>for network graphs and I plan on doing a similar set of blocks for Nagios.
>
>The reason i am doing it this way is that I can present a customized read
>only overview of the system that
>in no way interacts with the main consoles other than reading a set of
>data files.
>
>Looking at Nagios, it seems the only file i need to worry about is the
>status.log file
>

>Which is a semicolon delimited file and im only concerned to display the
>most current information and the first 4 fields.
>
>timestamp SERVICE;hostname;CHeck Description;Status
>

>Am I missing anything or is it really this easy?
>
>Thanks!

Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.
http://www.quadrix.com