writing own interface, status.log question

jgking at packetstorm.org jgking at packetstorm.org
Wed Jan 15 16:45:45 CET 2003

Now that I have nagios setup like I want (man is this tool flexible), I am
wanting to present the data differently than the Nagios Console. Basically
I have a postnuke php portal that i made custom blocks to parse NMIS data
for network graphs and I plan on doing a similar set of blocks for Nagios.

The reason i am doing it this way is that I can present a customized read
only overview of the system that
in no way interacts with the main consoles other than reading a set of
data files.

Looking at Nagios, it seems the only file i need to worry about is the
status.log file

Which is a semicolon delimited file and im only concerned to display the
most current information and the first 4 fields.

timestamp SERVICE;hostname;CHeck Description;Status

Am I missing anything or is it really this easy?

Thanks!