Crash during installation

Derek Scollon dscollon at scotwebsolutions.com
Wed Jan 15 11:27:16 CET 2003

nagios-users,

I'm new to this list but didn't see this problem mentioned recently.
Apologies if it's further back.

I'm running RedHat 7.3 on a machine which has been working well and
very stable for several months. Tried to install nagios today and hit
the following problem...

"./configure" worked fine and found everything. The defaults suited me
so I didn't specify any options.
"make all" started to work and print out what it was doing, then the
machine just stopped responding. No error messages, no nothing, had to
hit the power button. If I run "make clean" then "make all" again, the
same thing happens every time.

gcc is version 2.96-110

Hope someone can help.

Derek Scollon