Availability report problem

nagios at cerbernet.co.uk nagios at cerbernet.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 10:36:34 CET 2003

I have noticed that we have a problem with the availability reports, the problem shows on hostgroups, hosts and services.
If we leave the "First Assumed State" in "Step 3 Select Report Options" as Unspecified "Time Up" all show as 0.000% and "Time Undertermined" shows as 100%.
If we change the "First Assumed State" to "Host Up/Service Ok" then the report shows the correct information "Time Up" 100%.
Why does the report not set the value of "First Assumed State" as Host Up/Service Ok?
It would seem logical that you would not start checking of a host or service that is not yet live.
Although this is not a big problem I am being asked these questions by managers because on the demo site at www.nagios.org you can leave the "First Assumed State" as "Unspecified" and it reports "Hosts/Services" as 100% "Time Up"
Is there are way to fix this?

Thanks In Advance

Tony