check_swap quirk on Solaris

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Jan 14 23:36:44 CET 2003

It's been brought to my attention that check_swap on Solaris8 reports in
bytes, whereas the 'swap -l' command reports in blocks.  Either the output
should be changed to 'blocks', or the math should be done so that the
numeric value is actually in bytes.

Example:

Nagios reports:

  Swap ok - Swap used: 0% (0 bytes out of 1049312)

swap -l reports:

  swapfile             dev  swaplo blocks   free
  /dev/vx/dsk/swapvol 228,7      16 1049312 1049312

HTH.

jc