[Nagios-users] question about checking the presence of a file in a directory

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Jan 14 22:01:28 CET 2003

Where do you wish to execute this check?  Is it a local drive on a Windows
machine?  Is it on a Samba share (mounted from a *nix box)?  Do you already
have Nagios installed anywhere?  What version?  Do you have the plugins
installed on the target machine?  What version?  Are you using NRPE to get
the results from the client machine?  NSClient?  Do you have a specific
filename in mind?  Are you trying to alert if it appears?  Are you trying to
alert if it disappears?  Is it merely the number of files in that directory
that you want to monitor?  Too many?  Too few?  Is it always the same
directory, or are the files sprinkled randomly throughout the filesystem?
Is there a race condition that needs to be taken into consideration?

<RodSerlingVoice>
Imagine if you will, a world in which nobody can read your mind.
</RodSerlingVoice>

jc