Same status

donavan nelson donavan at 4wx.net
Tue Jan 14 20:07:07 CET 2003

Hi Jim,

I started out trying to do everything with SNMP.  Just be aware that it can
add extra services to your configuration.  As an example, for the 1 5 15
minutes CPU load check, it's 3 SNMP services instead of just one.  There were
other things I couldn't figure out with SNMP, like checking that all processes
on a box are less than 25M in size.  It's prolly good to know how to do SNMP
checks, but I don't think they are the be all to monitoring.

I've since backed off SNMP and have gone to letting the nagios plugins do the
work where I can.

--
Donavan Nelson
4wx Networks