NRPE vs. check_by_ssh vs. nagios_statd

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Tue Jan 14 19:11:33 CET 2003

I made an addition to the check_by_ssh code to allow for another argument:

-c <cipher-name>

that you can use to change what type of encryption to use.  I did this
because we planned on trying to use "-c none" to see if it reduced some
of the ssh-induced load.  We haven't actually tested its effects yet (we
need to rebuild ssh to allow "-c none" first).  Does anyone know if this
would make a big difference in ssh's scalability?  If so, should I
contribute this back?

Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti