NSCA host checks

Pehla, Fabian Fabian.Pehla at Dregis.com
Tue Jan 14 11:36:23 CET 2003

Hi,

I suppose you are using NSCA 2.2 together with NAGIOS 1.0?

NSCA 2.2 introduced support for passive host checks but the Changelog reads
as follows:

- Added support for passive host checks (supported
  only in Nagios 2.x and later)

So Nagios itself does not yet support passive host checks. Though Ethan may
be working on that right now...

BTW: How did you make Nagios automatically submit host check results? Using
eventhandlers?

Fabian

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Wooller [mailto:joe at westnet.net.au]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 3:34 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] NSCA host checks

Hi,

I have setup my distributed server as described in the docco's but have 2
issues,

1) submit_check_result doesn't send the external coomands,  it works if I do
it manually but nagios wont do it for me any  ideas?

and

2) trying to do host checks and usingf send_nsca to send the host check to
the central server works but..  the central server says this :

Warning: Unrecognized external command -> PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT

Any ideas would be great.

Thanx
Joe