NAGIOS on SunFire

Stan Tichomirov stan at live2think.com
Mon Jan 13 20:34:11 CET 2003

i'm a linux guy myself, but have administered sunboxes for a few years.  i
like the shortcuts and beauty of linux, but my thinking is -- if you have
SUN hardware, run Solaris on it.  i've tried running redhat, slackware, and
netbsd on my ultra5, but still go back to Solaris in the end.  besides,
running a 64bit O/S on a RISC processor makes more sence than running a
32bit one.

we have a few Nagios servers at work, most are linux boxes, one is running
Solaris 8.  you will run into a few problems compiling and building things,
but it's a good learning experience :-)

we built some Nagios Solaris packages if you really get stuck.