Same status

Justin justin at pvamu.edu
Mon Jan 13 14:47:19 CET 2003

I basically have my services file set up like this

define service{
use generic-service ; Name of service template to use
host_name mail
service_description PING
is_volatile 0
check_period 24x7
contact_groups mail-servers
notification_options w,u,c,r
check_command check_ping
}

I have the same set up for check_users, check_disk, etc.  Well my problem is, I get the stats, but all the stats for the services are the same.  After further inspection I learned that all host where returning the stats for the server nagios is actually running on.  I have read the manual and I seem to be doing everything correctly.  I am assuming the check_* commands are being run, but as it it were checking that machine, and not looking out to the machines I want to monitor. I do doing the config as the Documentation has instructed.  Any information would be helpfull.  Thanks

Justin Wedeking
Info Tech