nagios.cmd ... "Sorry, you are not authorized ..." -- Argh!

Darren Gamble Darren.Gamble at sjrb.ca
Fri Jan 10 17:28:11 CET 2003

Good day,

> PS.
> I've noticed that when I login, it says logged in as
> 'nagiosadmin' (which is
> correct). But, when I hit "commit" to disable a service
> check, for example,
> the "Sorry" page indicates logged in as ?.

The "logged in" value shows what Apache thinks your http user is.  If this
is set for some pages but not for other pages, the problem is almost
certainly that you haven't properly configured HTTP authentication for those
directories.

Get the URLs for the pages that don't show a logged-in user, and those that
are.  Compare those to the directories that you have configured for access
in your Apache config.

If you are still stuck after doing this, post your Apache access configs and
the URLs for the pages which do show a user, and those that do not.

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW