(no subject)

Eric Fisher fisher at osiriscomm.com
Fri Jan 10 00:51:21 CET 2003

Hello.  I'm not sure if this has been previously addressed, as I can't
find it in the archives.  I am having problems with setting up volatile
services in Nagios 1.0.  While alerts are logged in Nagios, it is not
sending notifications for subsequent non-ok messages.

Example order of events:
- Service is OK.
- Passive failure is received and sets alert status to critical and
notifies contacts.
- Second passive failure occurs and sets alert, but does not send
notification.
- Service receives a passive OK update and logs the state change.
- Passive failure is received and sets alert status to critical and
notifies contacts.

So, what I am missing is why the notification on the second critical event
doesn't happen.  Here is my service definition:

# Service definition
define service{
        host_name                       system1
        service_description             PassiveCheck
        is_volatile                     1
        check_period                    24x7
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        active_checks_enabled           0
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  on-call
        notification_interval           0
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            u,c,w
        check_command                   check_none
        }

Is there something I am missing or is this a possible bug in the
is_volatile code.

Thanks a bunch,
-Eric Fisher