NSClient error

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Jan 8 17:03:07 CET 2003

We're in the process of rolling out NSClient, and our NT guru is stumped
with the following error:

The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( NSClient ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: NSClient Error: PDH.dll Collect CPU -
ERROR: 0x800007D6.

Oddly, this is only happening on one host.  (We've got NSClient running on 4
hosts so far.)

Version of NSClient is 1.0.7.0 on 3 of these hosts, including the problem
host.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

TIA,

jc