pseudo-host with multiple ip's

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Jan 8 16:14:45 CET 2003

Instead of using the built-in support for IP addresses in Nagios, instead of
using /etc/hosts, why not use DNS?  You can define multiple A records for a
given hostname, and only specify that hostname within Nagios.

(It's early, I haven't had my coffee yet, I don't have the rest of the
thread of this message, so forgive me if my answer isn't relevant.  ;^)

jc