pseudo-host with multiple ip's

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Jan 8 04:52:34 CET 2003

I would put a single IP (either end of the unused space) as the host
address and add the rest as services.

notify on recovery is good - and long interval between checks - 12 hours
or the like if you don't expect to see many allocations..

OR  make app the unused IPs as service checks on a core router host using
negate and check_ping.  - This would react more as a unkown host just
entered my domain...

-sg