Multiple templates in a service definition?

Steven L. Kohrs steve at dtnspeed.net
Wed Jan 8 00:24:08 CET 2003

Is it possible to 'use' more than one template in a service definition?
What about multiple hosts?
I need the same PING capabilities on all my hosts.

Example:

define service{
	name				generic-service
	}

define service{
        name                            generic-ping

        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  engineers
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

define service{
        use          generic-service ; Name of service template to use
        use          generic-ping    ; Name of service template to use

        host_name    one,five,seven,eight,nine,www,ns1,ns2
        }