*service* check status in statumap.cgi ?

Wayne Mery vseerror at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Jan 7 21:10:54 CET 2003

Steve Loughran wrote:
> mmm.... ok, but I was looking for something that would be more obvious just
> by looking at the map, like changing the background color of the hosts (like
> when they are down or unreachable), so you can just leave the statusmap
> refreshing on a monitor in the corner of the IT/MIS room.
>
> Steve

I'd very much like to see this on our system, i.e. background color
reflect the 'worst' state on the display.

Is this enhancement 'on the books'?
Or better yet, available?

If not available, will it likely have to wait for the php version of the
cgis??
(php not due til version 3.0 - ouch)

--
Thanks
Wayne

  ** http://www.lehigh.edu/~wsm0
  ** Save a Life - Sign an Organ Donor card
  ** http://www.transweb.org    for more information