NRPE Problems on FreeBSD/OpenBSD

Hannu Liljemark hannu.liljemark at laurea.fi
Tue Jan 7 09:09:45 CET 2003

>[root at nagios libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H <ip_address> -p 5666 -c check_total_procs
>Unable to read output
>
>[root at nagios libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H <ip_address> -p 5666 -c check_zombie_procs
>Unable to read output

I have noticed exactly the same with OpenBSD 3.2. Actually, those
process-checking tests work on and off - usually they start working
after you restart identd or the nrpe if you run it as a standalone
daemon. The diskspace checking works dandy; check the mountpoints.

I'm not sure if restarting inetd solving the process-checking problem
actually makes sense... I'm just thinking how inetd again worked;
aren't the nrpe configs read and nrpe started everytime nrpe is called
by inetd? Or perhaps I'm just confused about basics once again.

--
(Mr.) Hannu Liljemark  |  Appelsiini Finland Oy  |  http://appelsiini.com