why is nagios pinging servers?

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Jan 6 20:39:19 CET 2003

That's all fine and dandy, but what do you have defined for the host definition?  If you're using the default check-host-alive, and if that is still configured to use the default check_ping in checkcommands.cfg, that could be your problem.

You might want to set up a check-host-dummy to utilize the check_dummy plugin.

(Of course, I could be completely off-base, since I've never set up passives, but... give it a try?)

Food for thought.

jc