Nagios oddity - vanishing services

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Mon Jan 6 19:15:13 CET 2003

Sounds like you have multiple daemons running.

Try this.  Stop nagios, and make sure there are no nagios processes
running (kill -9 any lingering ones).  Once you know there is nothing
nagios-related running, do a nagios start again and see if the problem
goes away.

Russell

Jonathan Nichols wrote:

>Greetings!
>	Hard drive in my netsaint machine died a horrible death, so I
>finally took the plunge and installed Nagios 1.0. It's working very well
>so far, except for one thing that is driving me nuts.
>
>Services are just.. vanishing. I can't really describe it in words, so
>here's a URL for a screenshot:
>
>http://www.pbp.net/~jnichols/images/nagios_before.jpg
>
>Notice that there are 60 services.
>
>When I click "Service Detail" (or any of the options, really..) it
>changes. The number of services drops down to only 52. Services drop off
>of multiple machines.
>
>http://www.pbp.net/~jnichols/images/nagios_after.jpg is what it looks like
>afterwards.
>
>If I right click the frame and choose "Reload," the correct information
>will show up - sometimes.
>When the page auto refreshes, sometimes the information shows up, but
>usually not.
>
>I'm not sure what to make of this. Has anyone else seen this before?
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Jonathan

Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.