Nagios oddity - vanishing services

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 19:10:42 CET 2003

YES, and it drove me crazy for hours & hours, don't edit the config files while nagios is running, (except *ext.cfgs), and make sure that ALL nagios processes have stopped and restart nagios should clear things up...
 Jonathan Nichols <jnichols at pbp.net> wrote:Greetings!
Hard drive in my netsaint machine died a horrible death, so I
finally took the plunge and installed Nagios 1.0. It's working very well
so far, except for one thing that is driving me nuts.

Services are just.. vanishing. I can't really describe it in words, so
here's a URL for a screenshot:

http://www.pbp.net/~jnichols/images/nagios_before.jpg

Notice that there are 60 services.

When I click "Service Detail" (or any of the options, really..) it
changes. The number of services drops down to only 52. Services drop off
of multiple machines.

http://www.pbp.net/~jnichols/images/nagios_after.jpg is what it looks like
afterwards.

If I right click the frame and choose "Reload," the correct information
will show up - sometimes.
When the page auto refreshes, sometimes the information shows up, but
usually not.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks!

-Jonathan