Host Retry Interval?

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 19:04:14 CET 2003

Yep, I've noticed the same problem with nagios, maybe this should be included in future releases? I ended up increasing the max attempts by 5x for hosts..
 "Todd A. Green" <tagreen at mhsnetworks.net> wrote:After a series of pages this morning something dawned on me.

There is no Host Retry Interval. I thought this was strange and checked
the old Netsaint documentation as I thought it was available then, but
not.

It would seem that having a Host Retry Interval similar to the Service
retry_interval would be a good thing to have.

I would rather have Nagios recheck after a set interval instead of
immediately. This way it gives the network a chance to recover, in the
case of remote monitoring which we do a lot of.

Just a thought...

--
Todd A. Green
Managed Hosting Soutions, Inc.