Host Retry Interval?

Todd A. Green tagreen at mhsnetworks.net
Mon Jan 6 15:36:27 CET 2003

After a series of pages this morning something dawned on me.

There is no Host Retry Interval.  I thought this was strange and checked
the old Netsaint documentation as I thought it was available then, but
not.

It would seem that having a Host Retry Interval similar to the Service
retry_interval would be a good thing to have.

I would rather have Nagios recheck after a set interval instead of
immediately.  This way it gives the network a chance to recover, in the
case of remote monitoring which we do a lot of.

Just a thought...

--
Todd A. Green <tagreen at mhsnetworks.net>
Managed Hosting Soutions, Inc.