x-vrml plugin for mozilla on Redhat 8.0

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 6 01:12:43 CET 2003

The 3D status map requires an x-vrml plugin for the browser.  Currently
running this on Redhat 8.0.  After spending several hours searching I
was not able to find a plugin for Mozilla on a linux system.  I tried a
couple for Windows systems but the result was not very good.  Not enough
contrast to see the objects and labels clearly.

I did upgrade the version of Mozilla to 1.3a and installed
openvrml-0.13.0-1.  However the openvrml package appears to be libraries
for vrml and does not appear to include a plugin for Mozilla.  Of course
I may have missed it, the documentation was pretty sparse for this one.

Which vrml plugin is recommended, if there is one?