Batching notifications

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Jan 3 18:27:55 CET 2003

Perhaps this would fall under 'kludge' or 'sleight of hand', but if you can put a peer host on your network which is also connected to the same UPS and define host dependencies (ie, 20 hosts are dependant on this one host), then that would be a 20:1 reduction in the number of pages you get.  (If the UPS has a network interface and SNMP support, this might be a better approach.)

If you take the peer host approach, it could be something as simple as a temperature/humidity sensor with built-in IP support.  Simple, and presumably fewer parts to fail.

jc