Generating Reports

Eric B. Lubow eric at guardiandigital.com
Thu Jan 2 20:48:25 CET 2003

Hello all,

   Hope the new year finds everyone safe and in good health.

   I have checked the documentation as well as browsed through the
archives and still come up with little in regards to generating reports
not via the nagios interface.  The goal would be for me to be able to find
a list of examples as well as all the variables names that I would need to
pass to whichever CGI to get a graph.

   I monitor a lot of machines and I would like to have reports generated
in the format of the report page for each host within a hostgroup.  I
would like to do this via a perl script that generates the request and
associated parameters and queries nagios and pipes the output it receives
to a file.  This way I can maintain weekly, monthly, yearly status
information without having to generate a report for each host and then
each host group.

   I tried skimming the source, but I figured that would take a little too
long and a 'strings' on the CGI was too much.  If someone has already done
something like this, I would appreciate anything towards the right
direction.  Thanks in advance.

--
Eric Lubow
Guardian Digital Inc.