Multiple parent hosts handling?

Chris McGee chris at xecu.net
Fri Feb 28 20:08:13 CET 2003

Please don't flame me, I have done some digging in the archives and
documentation and did not find the answer to this one.

If 2 or 3 parent hosts are defined for a host, how does it handling
detecting unreachability?  Will the host be UNREACHABLE if any of the
parents are down or if all of the parents are down.

I have a router with multihomed router I'm trying to check from the
internet, and I want it to show as up even if one the the lines to it goes
down.  But I wanted to use both parents and only have it show down if both
of them are down.  I don't know if this is how it will work, any help will
be appreciated.

Chris

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chris McGee                             301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access