status summaries for children

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Fri Feb 28 18:31:09 CET 2003

If a problem has been acknowledged in a parent host, is there any way to
notify this on the children? Possibly by a link to the acknowledgement
comment or an icon indicating that action is being taken?

We have different admins for routers and servers. If a router fouls up
and the router admin acknowledges it, I want the server admins to know
about it by looking at the Server Host Group summary page.

Thank you.

-- Ryan

Example section of hosts.cfg:
# 'router' host definition
define host{
        use                             generic-host
        host_name                       router
        alias                           Some Router
        address                         10.20.30.1
        parents                         cisco,firewall
        register                        1
        }

# 'server' host definition
define host{
        use                             generic-host
        host_name                       server
        alias                           Some Server
        address                         10.20.30.10
        parents                         cisco,firewall,r2030
        register                        1
        }