service question and logo

Tae Chong tae.chong at us.ubizen.com
Fri Feb 28 17:25:11 CET 2003

> Unfortunately, there's no 'exclusion' feature available as you'd require.
>
> You'd have to stop using the '*' wildcard, and explicitly lists hosts.
> Better still, use hostgroups.  Here's an example of what I'm using:
>
> define service{
>         hostgroup_name                  dev-sun,dev-staging
>         use                             ssh
>         contact_groups                  unix-admins
>         }
>
> HTH.
>
> jc

Thanks JC for the info.  Unfortunately, the way that my boss has requested
the configuration, I can't use the 'hostgroup_name' variable, since the main
configuration complains when I delete the 2 servers I don't want it to check
for ssh -  " [servernames] not a member of any hosts".  The 2 servers are
listed separately in their own hosts.cfg file as well as in the
hostgroup.cfg file.

I'm a newbie at this application, so I'm gonna try to see if I can create my
own script to perform, what I need.  But, I definitely appreciate all the
assistance.  Thanks.

-TS Chong